Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Cable Knitted Headband

Like I've said a couple of times, I didn't craft much while I was in Mexico. However, about a month before I came back, my family went to visit me and brought me some yarn and knitting needles I had requested. So, I made a few headbands. Not that they were of much use over there since the temperature was never below the 80s. Anyway, I made a few of these and gave them away to friends so they could use them when they went back home. They are really quick to make (took me less than 2 hours each) and don't require much yarn. Plus, they're super cute and I think they'd make great Christmas/ holiday gifts! So time to knit about a million of these!...

Materials used:
- 2 balls of worsted weight yarn (or you can use 1 of chunky yarn)
- size 11 knitting needles
-cable needle

Directions:
I used the Vanessa Headband pattern you can find here.

I made the narrow version, so I only cast on 14 stitches and instead of using chunky yarn, I used two strands of worsted weight yarn held together.

Action shot:

Closeup:

 Just the headband:

Thanks for reading and have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment