Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Book Review: Gone Girl

 
Title: Gone Girl
Author: Gillian Flynn
Genre: Mystery/ Thriller

Nick and Amy Dunne have the perfect marriage... or at least that's what everyone believes. On their fifth wedding anniversary, Amy disappears from their mansion on the Mississippi River. Initially, it all points to a random kidnapping but everything changes when the police discover Amy's diary. In it, they find that Nick and Amy's marriage was not as solid as everyone thought it was and it points to Nick as the prime suspect for the kidnapping and possibly murder of Amy Dunne. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn’t do it, where is his wife?

Overall, this is a good mystery/ psychological thriller. I really wish I could say more about it but it's one of those books that's incredibly difficult to discuss without revealing major spoilers. But here's something I can say: Gone Girl has so many twists and turns you won't know what to expect next! However, there were two things that really bothered me. The first was Nick (That's all I'm saying. If you want to know why, read the book!). The other, was the ending. From the reviews I read on GoodReads, it was either a hit or miss and for me it was the latter. But don't let this discourage you from reading it! I'm not saying anymore so I won't ruin it for you guys. Definitely check it out!

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment