Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Book Review: The Book Thief

 
Title: The Book Thief
Author: Markus Zusak
Genre: Historical fiction

As I was going though my "favorites" list on Goodreads while I was compiling my list of recommended books for my World Book Night post, I came across The Book Thief. Now, the book reviews I've been posting here are reviews that I write as I finish the book but when I came across this title, I knew I had to write something about it on my blog. I actually read this book last year but it's so good and I love it so much that I had to share it with your guys.

It's the story about a German girl during WWII and it's narrated by Death, who is obviously personified in this book. To quickly sum it up, I'll use a quote from the book.
“It’s a small story really, about, among other things:
* A girl
* Some words
* An accordionist
* Some fanatical Germans
* A Jewish fist fighter
* And quite a lot of thievery”


I absolutely loved this book! The story is so beautiful yet sad and touching that I actually cried my eyes out for the last few pages of the book and that's saying a lot since I've cried with only one or two other books. So drop whatever you're reading and read this book! I highly recommend it!

Rating: 10/5 (Yeah, it's that good!)

As always, if you have any recommendations feel free to leave a comment below and/or friend me on GoodReads if you want to know what books I've read, am reading or want to read. Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment