Yesterday (Friday), I decided to make a spinach lasagna for my family because I didn't want to eat fish (we don't eat meat on Fridays right now because it's Lent). Also, my dad's allergic to seafood and he always ends up eating a sandwich on Fridays and I can tell he's sick of sandwiches so I thought he'd enjoy this dish. Anyway, the lasagna was a big hit, everyone loved it and now I wanted to share the recipe with you guys.
1 box of lasgna
2 jars of tomato sauce
2 large boxes of spinach
2 small bags of shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box
2) Cook the spinach until it's soft and add salt to taste
3) Mix the spinach with a bag and a half of the mozzarella cheese
4) Add a layer of lasagna until if covers the bottom of a large glass dish
5) Add a layer of half of the spinach and cheese mixture
6) Cover with tomato sauce and sprinkle some basil on top
7) Repeat steps 4-6
8) Add another layer of lasagna, tomato sauce, cheese and basil
9) Put the lasagna in the oven until the cheese melts or about 10-15 min
And your done! It's a super simple and delicious vegetarian meal!
Oh! Also, I made some chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I won't post the recipe because to tell you the truth, they weren't the best tasting cupcakes I've ever made, so I'll wait until I have a delicious recipe to post it. What really improved these cupcakes was the cream cheese frosting I used. It's super simple, all you need is 1 pkg of cream cheese, 1/2 stick of butter and 2 cups confectioner's sugar. Bon appetit!