Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Decoupaged Frame

 
This frame was actually my mom's idea and she helped me with the decoupaging part, so thanks, Mom! So yeah, when my mom went to visit my grandma and aunt last August, my mom got into decoupaging because my aunt does it to boxes and sells them or gives them away as gifts and taught my mom how to do it. Then, my mom told me she wanted to decoupage a picture frame and the colors she chose reminded me of Valentine's Day so we made it and now I want to share it with you guys.

-acrylic paint
-Mod Podge
-wooden picture frame
-a napkin, tissue paper or paper with the pattern you want to decoupage
-wood letters or words
-sandpaper (not pictured because I forgot! hehe)
-E6000 (not pictured either)
-brushes

Directions:

1. Sand the frame and the letters.

2. Give the letters one coat of paint. And while the first coat is drying....

3. Cover the front of the frame with Mod Podge or glue and paste the napkin or paper onto the frame. Smooth out evenly. And for those of you using a napkin like I did, put a plastic bag over the napkin so you don't tear it while smoothing it out and make sure you don't leave any air bubbles underneath the napkin or paper you're decorating your frame with.

4. Give the letters another coat of paint and let dry.

5. Seal the frame and napkin/paper with a coat of Mod Podge and let it dry. 

6. Wait 'til everything dries and then paint the letters one last time. Also, using a thin brush, paint the inner and outer edges of the frame with a color that matches your print. I used white.

7. Once everything is dry, glue the letters onto the frame using the E6000 glue and let dry.

8 Finally, when the glue is dry, give everything one last coat of Mod Podge and let dry.

9. Insert your favorite picture and you're done!!

A lovely gift for your Valentine!!




1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I like how you showed everything that was needed to make the frame! Lovely blog, too!

    ReplyDelete