Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Polka Dot Nails


I never really thought I'd be doing a nail tutorial on my blog but since I paint my nails pretty often, I figured: why not? Recently, I've seen a lot of polka dotted nails on Pinterest and different ways you can make the polka dots. Some suggestions include: a dotting tool (of course), a pin, toothpick, the point of a pen or pencil and so on. So last night I was reading a magazine and I found another suggestion I hadn't seen before: a bobby pin. Genius! And, since I was going to do my nails today, I decided to give it a try.


First, I applied a base coat. I used Revlon's Multi Care Base and Top Coat. In my experience, using a base coat makes the nail polish last longer without chipping. I then applied three coats of a very pale pink nail polish (Zoya in Laurie). Then, I used Sinful Colors nail polish in Timbleberry to make the dots. Now, making the dots wasn't as easy as I thought it would be but I do have a couple of tips: 1) make sure the tip of the bobby pin is completely covered in nail polish before you make your dot;  2) do NOT press hard on your nail, otherwise you'll make a dent in the previously applied nail polish;  3) lightly touch the bobby pin to your nail for about 1-2 seconds so that you get a decent sized dot; and 4) you can make 2-4 dots for every time you apply nail polish onto the bobby pin. Finally, I used Revlon's Multi Care Base and Top Coat but this time as a top coat. That's it! Pretty simple!


<3, Martha







 

No comments:

Post a Comment