Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Book Review: The Maze Runner

I had mentioned in my first post that I would be writing book reviews in my blog. I love reading, so my plan is to write 2 or 3 book reviews per month. Also, I decided that Tuesday would be the day I'll post book reviews. That way, I can finish the books over the weekend and I'll have Monday to write and edit the review. Originally, I wanted to post book reviews every week but then I realized that that is a lot of books. Now don't get me wrong, I do read a lot and I usually average about one book per week but there are some books that take me longer to read. So on average, I would say I read about 40-some books per year. Although, my goal this year is to read 52 books-- one per week. Now, on to my review!


Title:The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Genre: YA Fiction

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, he can't remember anything from his past, just his name. He arrives at the Glade- a large open area surrounded by huge stone walls and is greeted by a bunch of teenage boys who like him, can't remember anything from their past lives but their name. They have made a life for themselves there but their main goal is to try and solve the maze that surrounds the walls of the Glade. However, the day after Thomas arrives, something unexpected happens- a girl arrives and with her, a message saying: She is the last one. Ever. Things are about to change and now more than ever they must find a way to escape from the maze.

I actually found out about this book on GoodReads. It wasn't recommended but I saw that a bunch of other people were reading it so I read the summary decided it sounded like a good book so I would read it. I'm so glad I found it because it's a really good book! The characters were simple but well developed. The plot is a bit slow at first but soon the pace picks up and I found it hard to put down after that. I literally devoured this book, I could not put it down after the first few chapters and finished it in a little over a day. Overall, I really liked this book and I'm definitely reading the second one because I want to know what happens next! If you like the Hunger Games or Divergent then I definitely recommend this book!

Rating:4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment